WELCOME TO PATTYLAUREL.COM. I’M PATTY.
2. I was born in 1983, The Year of The Pig, which explains a lot ACTUALLY. I have quite an appetite and I like to snort a lot when I laugh too. I grew up in the 90s which we all know is the BEST era in the history of mankind! Ice, Ice, Baby!
3. My parents JJ and Leah are my two best friends. It sounds corny, sure, but it’s the truth. I could hang out with these goofballs all day. I got my looks from my Beauty Queen mother (ahem, ahem) and my witty comebacks from my corny father.
4. My first airplane ride was when I was 3 months old. My parents dragged my cute little baby butt to Connecticut and we lived there for a year. We moved back to Manila after my dad graduated from Yale and I’ve been living in this beautiful country ever since.
5. I spent 3/4 of my entire college life as working student in the Ateneo De Manila. I started working in television during my sophomore year as a UAAP Courtside Reporter, then on my senior year I won the MTV VJ Hunt and became one of MTV Philippines resident VJs (I still get goosebumps over this!!! So surreal!). After college, I continued hosting on television for a morning show on Studio 23 called Breakfast and other shows as well. Currently, I am a professional corporate and live events host.
7. Sadly, I don’t have the legs of Miranda Kerr that would get me on a catwalk, but thankfully I do have a smiley face that has landed me several gigs as a Print and Commercial Model. I’m also a product endorser and brand ambassador for several brands.
8. My husband and I met when we were in grade school. He was in the 2nd grade and I was a spunky first grader. We grew up in the same grade school and the last time I saw him was when I was 13. It was only after 15 years at his best friend’s party that we reconnected as adults (we were both better looking and not as stinky!) and started dating. Our first date was on Valentines Day, we got engaged on New Years Eve and got married on Thanksgiving Day and we’ve been on a fun, crazy adventure ever since.
9. As of my last count, I have traveled to 35 countries in my 33 years but the Philippines is still my favorite, hands down! France, United Kingdom, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, United States of America, Monaco, Australia, Mexico, Leichstenstein, Indonesia, Malaysia,China, Thailand, Singapore, Japan, Cambodia, Portugal, Denmark, Egypt, Czech Republic, Nepal, Greece, Malta, United Arab Emirates, Taiwan, Croatia, Vietnam, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland and Sweden.
10. I have been blogging since 2005 and I have made so many wonderful connections online in the past decade. My blog readers are my source of inspiration and I really thank the Lord for giving me such an amazing online community!