I am currently right smack in the center of my holiday binge eating. I’ve been hopping from one Christmas gathering to another. With lunches, dinners, and meriendas crammed on top of each other like one big giant Christmas sandwich. It’s a good problem really, trying to make time (and tummy space) for each barkada and family we hold dear. But with the bonding comes the gluttony and I’ve been very, very, very naughty. HAHAHA.
And like most of you, I am already determined to start my 2017 on a good and healthy note! Who doesn’t want to get it right at the start of the year??? We all do! It’s great to have BIG goals and to follow through on each of them. But if you are looking for something more feasible and sustainable for the whole year-round, work on small positive changes first. For now, I think I’ll start small and start with my mornings. Here are 5 things I’d like to pursue for all my mornings of 2017:
- Start each day with a prayer and by reading a few verses in the Bible. I’d like to breath life into these words in a simple yet meaningful way.
- Put in at least 20-30 minutes of exercise each morning. Whether it’s working a sweat in the gym, doing some jump rope drills, or yoga via Youtube. It’s just important to get your blood pumping!
- Start my day with a powerful breakfast—I vow to never skip breakfast again. Studies show that regular breakfast eaters are less likely to be overweight! Imagine that?! Skipping the first meal of the day might even make you gain more. So now, even if I have a thousand things to do, I have to commit to nourishment! There’s just no substitute to the amount of vitamins and minerals you can fill your body with when you have a proper breakfast. It can do wonders to your work life. And because I’m a happy QUAKER OATS girl—you guessed it, I am encouraging you all to try to include some Super Grains into your breakfast menu. Because it’s so quick and easy to prepare, you have no excuse! You can prepare your breakfast by just adding water and you instantly get all the fiber and energy needed to power you up for the rest of the day.
- Get more VITAMIN D by taking more early morning walks with my son. We’ve been so blessed to live in a small and clean community down South, I should take advantage of the fresh air and sunlight!
- Say something NICE to the people you love. Start your day by validating others around you and help them start their day on a good note too!
How about you? What are the small changes you’d like to make for 2017? Wishing you all the best for the new year!