Before I begin my review of Pico De Loro–I think I should just give a little note to all of you. As a new mom, it’s been my new mission to keep looking for family-friendly resorts and hotels. And you guys know the rule, if I genuinely like it—then it will rightfully earn a spot on the blog otherwise, you won’t see it parked on the site. Because I’m given the wonderful opportunity to review these resorts as part of my job, I think it’s only fair to all of my readers that I only share the positive and worthwhile experiences. I don’t want to waste your time and more importantly, I won’t want to lead you to waste your money too! Because just like you, I know how it feels to work hard and make sacrifices—scrimping and saving and setting aside just so you can splurge on an experience that will make for priceless memories. I will try my very best to keep it simple here on the blog. Whatever makes it to the site are things I’ve actually tried and tested, places I’ve actually visited–and in my experience was positive. 🙂 Of course, my preferences and tastes may differ from yours so you may not agree with me on all accounts—but I do hope you know that my intention for blogging about these places diligently (even if I have zero free time lately) is because I really, really would like other families to invest in taking trips and carving out quality time with loved ones. Growing up, my parents didn’t indulge us in “STUFF” in fact I feel I missed out on a lot of “things” that were cool back in the day. But they placed a premium on travel to build memories and purposefully spend time together as a unit–and to this day, these are the memories I hold dear.
Okay emo intro over. Back to the review of Pico De Loro. 🙂 🙂
“Pico de Loro Cove is a 40-hectare “Residential Resort Village” and is the first development in the “Premier Sustainable Coastal Resort Town” of Hamilo Coast. Hamilo Coast is an expansive 5,900 hectare property located in Nasugbu Batangas with 13 coves, a 31 kilometer coastline, rich marine life and abundant flora and fauna. Pico de Loro Cove is one of several marine protected areas in Hamilo Coast where marine life is preserved and enhanced in partnership with the World Wide Fund (WWF) for Nature Philippines since 2007. “- Pico De Loro PR
So this was my 3rd visit to the resort and it’s always a pleasant experience! I guess this time though was a completely different experience from the first two because now we have a little mister with us. Traveling with a baby is an entirely different ball game and so it made me see the resort in a whole new light. We celebrated Patrick’s birthday here along with his parents, his brother Jonsy and wife Cecil and our nieces Audrey and Natalie. Admittedly, I was EXHAUSTED because we had a very energetic 10 month old along with us who was so excited about every little thing—he refused to nap even if you could tell his eyes were so heavy already. He was just so happy to be in a new place and possibly overstimulated by all the scenery. Hahaha! Getting him to nap was a struggle, mahirap kalaban ang antok! But he was HAPPY-HAPPY-JOY-JOY from start to finish, this guy loves traveling and he’s always in his best mood when we’re in a new destination.
Here are 5 Reasons Why I love Pico De Loro:
- The Pico Sands Hotel features very spacious and airy rooms. I love how all the rooms invite a healthy amount of natural light. I highly recommend booking a corner suite, it’s a bit more than the usual room but waking up in the morning to such a beautiful view will make you forget about all your office troubles! We stayed in the Loft and it was ideal for our little family! Theo was crawling all over the place and was so delighted to have so much free space to roam.
- The whole resort is very well-maintained. Like I mentioned, this has been my 3rd visit to Pico and it still feels brand new. Even with the heavy volume of tourists (especially during summer months), they’ve managed to keep everything organized and immaculately clean. Everything from the restaurants to the bathrooms, from the gardens to the pools and lounge areas—staff members were very efficient in cleaning and keeping things in order. And because I am a cleanliness freak, this was one of the things I noticed right away. Even all the staff members are neatly dressed and well groomed, a definite plus for me.
- It’s an easy 2 hour drive from Manila! Because it’s so accessible and waze-able, it makes for the perfect destination when you want to just leave the city but are pressed for time. Even if you just have 2 days to spare, it’ll be more than enough for you to enjoy a proper beach vacation.
- It’s very kid-friendly. They have activities for kids every week called the Junior Explorers Club. They even have overnight camping designed just for your little campers. We especially enjoyed CLUB PICO which is a HUGE play area equipped with slides, ball pools, tunnels, and a free space for crawlers to crawl like there’s no tomorrow. Clearly this was Theo’s favorite place–a close second was the pool because he just wanted to swim, swim, swim!!!
- The food was great! Varied menu choices and all cooked and presented well. We all enjoyed our meals at the different restos scattered around the property.
My personal recommendations:
- Make sure you book an island getaway to Santelmo Cove. This private island is exclusive to Pico De Loro guests and can be used for weddings and even corporate functions and team buildings. It’s beautiful just before sunset or really early in the morning. The beach is pristine with not a spot of trash in site and the water is clear and calm on a good day. Theo had so much fun at Santelmo Cove, he was this close to eating the sand. Hahaha!
- Speaking of weddings, the chapel in Pico De Loro has got to be one of the most beautiful ones I’ve ever seen. If you’re planning a wedding anytime soon, I suggest you do an ocular and get ready for your jaws to be dropped. It’s spectacular.
- The Rain Spa offers massages and other treatments and is just located within the hotel. So for the mommies out there, maybe you can ask the hubby to look after the kids while you escape for an hour or two of pampering. You deserve it, mam a!!!
Thanks again to Ms Mai Mislang and TEAM Pico De Loro for the lovely stay!!! Patrick felt so loved on his birthday because of you guys. The Filarts had such a fun time exploring your property! Please accept our deepest and utmost thanks 🙂 Here are some photos from our quick overnighter—bitin!!! Wish we could go back and stay longer next time!!!