Howdy folks! Here’s the first installment of our 12-part series with the amazing Zeus Martinez (@shootinanylight on IG). With his help, we will be able to chronicle the little and big milestones of Theo’s first year. So each month you’ll have a dose of Theo through the lens of Zeus on the blog! Yahoo! 🙂
When Zeus approached me with this concept, I was 100% game! The idea was simple but brilliant, for him to dedicate one day each month to capture Theo in his most natural element. Nothing fancy or over the top, just candid and real. I loved that it was a throwback to our childhood photos—just bottling up simple memories that would last a lifetime. It took Zeus about 20 minutes for this shoot, making it very relaxed and not too overwhelming for my newborn son. Our baby just finished a feed so we plopped him on the bed and Zeus clicked away. Easy breezy–especially for this very tired mommy!
What an amazing gift to have a sought-after photographer willing to carve out time just for your baby. Imagine, he’s dedicating to shoot Theo each month for one whole year! Wow! Thank you so much Zeus for committing to journey with us for Theo’s first year. If you wish to do something similar for your little ones, just shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so he too can collaborate with your family 🙂
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT ONE MONTH OLD THEO:
- He always sneezes twice in a row.
- His eyes are gray and his hair is light brown and has Patrick’s complexion.
- Just like when mama was a baby, he always has a pensive kunot-noo face when he’s relaxed. It’s like he’s always contemplating the meaning of life…as a newborn. Hahaha!
- He loves sunbathing but hates water-bathing–at least for now. Our son is a goat! Hahaha!
- When he sleeps, he loves to squirm and squirm and squirm—so Patrick and I always have at least one hand on top of him to keep him from waking himself up.
- Mama has a 70 minute recording of “DISHWASHING NOISE” on Spotify which always lulls him to sleep at night.
- We call him “siksikero” because he can only sleep if he’s tightly hugged and snuggled.
- Dada can perfectly copy his “keh-keh-keh” cry that signals it’s time to feed.. this always cracks me up!
- He loves Louis Armstrong, Norah Jones, Belle and Sebastian, The Weeknd, and Flo-rida. Hahaha!
- He currently has no neck and no eyebrows. Ok he does have a neck, it’s just hidden beneath all that chubbiness. And he has eyebrows, but they’re still so fine and light! Hahaha!